Why are 4 year degrees so much better than 2 year degrees?

I am wanting to go into marketing which I can choose to take at a 2 year college or a 4year university! The 2 year college is $7,000, the 4 year college would be $65,000 since I would have to pay rent and meals while at the college I can stay at home! Why do employers love 4 year programs so much? Is it because they wasted the money and feel that everyone else should? I know so many people with 4 year degrees and even masters degrees that are working in retail sales! I have a friend that did a 4 year marketing degree and he is graduating this year and said that he learned nothing that would help him in the real world however people that did the 2 year feel that they are job ready! Why is an extra 2 years in school plus an extra $59,000 so much better? Please no answers like "you are more educated in different areas" because who cares I am not going to school in marketing to learn about history, science and poetry, I want to go to learn only useful stuff, the rest of the sh!t I can learn online!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

More education has more value.

Source(s): ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
  • 4 years ago

As a college graduate, i can optimistically say that a bachelor's degree is average extra useful. It only relies upon on what you're focusing on. I comprehend that the wellbeing sciences are good for both 365 days courses, despite the undeniable fact that, if you're majoring in something else, I recommend that a 4 365 days software will grant you plenty extra possibilities, such as graduate college. also, many employers seek for a bachelor's in any case in utilizing for a job. average, i don't think of that is precise to generalize a level in protecting with how lengthy it takes or the position that is from, yet truly what you sense extra tender with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.