Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Aurora asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

My mind and my body do not feel connected...?

My mind and my body feel like two seperate entities, I do not feel like my mind is anchored to my body and I have no clue why I feel this way. I've been experiencing this for well over a year now, I am not knowledgeable on psychology so I have no idea what it could possibly be.

I am hesitate to see my doctor about it, as I fear that they might think I am psychologically incompetent.

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

Look up depersonalizarion and derealization. I think that is what you are suffering from x

I truly know how you feel. I learned different ways to handle and change that feeling of a missing connection.

You should try www.thinkincontrol.blogpost.com

The blogger sends me stuff anytime I ask for it. He just started this new blog but he had another one I followed. He really has some good suggestions, all you have to do is ask. Has some of the best solutions and has a program that you can follow. The blogger guy sends me ideas anytime I ask.

Good luck!

• ?

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector on your place? Do you sense greater advantageous as quickly as you're outdoors in clean air? Carbon monoxide poisoning makes someone very sleepy in the event that they're fortunate (that's a silent killer) it is in ordinary terms a concept. you have have been given some style of virus affecting your potential and inner-ear, too. are you able to circulate get that regarded at with a doctor?

Is this feeling affecting your day to day functioning? if so please see your Doctor.. if not do not worry. A doctor is there to help and no doctor should or will 'label' anyone.. I personally have over 50 years of mental health challenges. and at age of 69 qualified as a Mental Health Peer Support Specialist ! nowadaysthere are lots of different ways to approach and deal with mental health. best wishes..

It means you've spiritually awakened. Don't go to a doctor, there's nothing wrong with you.

ur not alone. Its like ur body is ur car and u r, well, idk, ur soul is driving.. Its weird but OK- i think the same way :). Consult a head doctor if it u think it will make u feel better. Good luck