How come Alfred saw Bruce Wayne alive after he died in The Dark Knight Rises?

So Batman (Mr.Wayne) carried Bane's bomb away to the ocean, to protect Gotham City and unlikely survived. However Alfred is then shown on his holiday in France, staring at Master Wayne, sitting opposite Selena Kyle (Catwoman). Is this just a dream or something??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • lj1
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He was alive. At the very end, Lucius Fox was going through the paperwork for "the bat", and found that someone had repaired the autopilot feature. It is implied that Bruce turned on the autopilot, and bailed out when nobody could see him, leaving everyone to believe that he died in the explosion.

Bruce Wayne "killed" Batman so that he could start a new life somewhere else.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Not a dream. Notice the scar on bruce's forehead from when Bane broke his cowl. Alfred left Bruce before that fight, so he had no knowledge of the scar, and if you look close in the cafe, you can see the scar, so Alfred couldn't have imagined it. Also, look close as the Bat flies out over the bridge into the bay. There's a pair of lights that aren't on for a split second, then they turn on. I take that to mean auto pilot engaged. :D I was leaning very heavily towards Bruce died the first two times I saw it. But the third time's the charm (with slow motion instant replays).

That, and Michael Caine, the actor who played Alfred, recently confirmed that the cafe scene was real.

• 8 years ago

as The dark night rises was always going to be the final for Nolan's version, the ending for batman was going to be difficult. originally the concept was for batman to die at the end of the film. however, as he's batman he can't die, why? because he's batman. simple.

although his suit isn't nuclear proof he's still able to survive this is impossible as we see him in the 'bat' several seconds before dying. he survived with a little Hollywood magic.

i believe Alfred did in fact see Bruce, no dream just to be a sappy ending and show that the good guy always wins.

Source(s): Nolan intervie
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Bruce did no longer die. keep in mind how Lucious had pronounced "it would take a greater recommendations than mine to repair the autopilot"? nicely Bruce fixed it and this replaced into shown by using 2 men who have been checking The Bat and had got here across that the autopilot have been repaired by using Bruce. we are able to't be completely specific approximately Blake yet they did call him Robin, so per threat he often is the subsequent Batman. Bruce tells Blake "all of us would be Batman." desire this helped!(:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Batman does not die. Fox found out he fixed the autopilot. So alfred really did see him in ITALY!!

• 8 years ago

no because bruce wayne didn't die, batman died bruce didn't, i know its the same person, but some how bruce saved himself he wanted batman to die, as he knew he would have to

• 8 years ago

alfred was on drugs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.