Help with Ark history please...?

I'm trying to simplify the history of the Ark and I want to make sure I have it right. Can you let me know if I've missed anything?

All of mankind was extremely evil so God sent a great flood. But he decided to save a few good people, so he instructed Noah how to build the ark and load it full of all the animals two by two. Then the flood came and they were all saved. Then the waters receded and after awhile men got evil again. So Moses went up to Mt. Ararat to talk to God to explain all the idolotry. God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, which he put in the ark but they lost it in the desert. Thousands of years later a French girl named Joan found out about it and went around kicking so much *** that they named her after it. Then the Germans found out about it and tried to dig it out of the desert but Indiana Jones snagged it first. Then the American government stashed it in a warehouse called Arkham where Batman guarded it until Howard Stark got a chance to reverse engineer it. But it was too big to be practical until his genius son Tony came along and and made the new ark reactor small enough to save his life and power his Ironman suit.

..somewhere in there, they made street lights and welders too, but not sure who did it.

Is that right?

:)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Good imagination.

• 8 years ago

Creative, but you need to watch less TV.

Here's a fun ARC fact. Where I am living, we had a river dam pumping out a lot more electricity than anyone needed... well, way back the turn of the last century, anyway, not many houses were wired for electricity. Lots of people even thought it was deadly and Thomas Edison's newsreels of electrocuting elephants didn't calm them much. ANYWAY, to "provide for the common good" etc etc, the City Fathers commissioned artificial light for the downtown area. The fellow in charge knew his math, so he computed just how bright an arc light would be and then submitted his street light proposal for... ONE streetlight. Yeah, only one, but it was gonna be a doozy! He built a tower 100ft high and put his lamp at the very top, powered by the city's generator it was FAR too bright to look at directly.

Trouble was... it didn't work. Sure, it was mightily bright, but Mr Professor neglected the old root-square law or just forgot that the brightness of the lamp drops off with the SQUARE of the distance. Even directly below the lamp, it was pretty damn dark.

This is why today we have so many streetlights. Not too tall, not too bright, but effective.

• 8 years ago

The Ark of Noah. People=sinfull=>God was enraged=>flood=>people die. But Noah=righteous=> he was instructed to build an Ark=>Noah+his family+a bunch of animals=saved. Simple enough?:))

• 8 years ago

i like how you turn this boring little bit of fiction into a massive bit of fiction that doesn't just revolve around some sky fairy.

Source(s): chronic
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.