How to specifically diagnose cruise control problem?

I have a 92 s10 that I'd like to fix the cruise control on, if it is easily possible. At first inspection, the vacuum-brake switch under the dash was disassembled, and the turn signal lever switch was broken. So I figured out how to get the vacuum switch reassembled, and replaced the wiper/signal/cruise switch.... show more I have a 92 s10 that I'd like to fix the cruise control on, if it is easily possible. At first inspection, the vacuum-brake switch under the dash was disassembled, and the turn signal lever switch was broken. So I figured out how to get the vacuum switch reassembled, and replaced the wiper/signal/cruise switch. Cruise control still did nothing. While I was replacing my thermostat gasket today, I noticed the servo has a rip in the boot. Would that be the cause for the cruise not to work? If I glue or epoxy the rip, will that be good enough to stop the "leak"? What are the chances the computer is bad? Because I'd hate to waste my time fixing the servo and inspecting wires if it is ultimately the computer. There aren't any fuses for it either.
3 answers 3