Logitech wireless mouse not working with windows 7 laptop?

I have used this specific logitech mouse for months at least (M505) on my HP pavilion g series laptop. My operating system is windows 7... I think that's where my problem is. This mouse works in my friends laptop and my usb ports work with other devices (printers/usb drives). The batteries are also good in the... show more I have used this specific logitech mouse for months at least (M505) on my HP pavilion g series laptop. My operating system is windows 7... I think that's where my problem is. This mouse works in my friends laptop and my usb ports work with other devices (printers/usb drives). The batteries are also good in the mouse. I hadn't had any updates on my computer from the time that it worked (yesterday night) until the time it randomly decided not to (this afternoon). Though it didn't work once I turned on my computer. I'm thinking it might be a driver problem. Can someone please help me?
Update: the problem is my device manager isn't picking it up.... its not being recognized by my computer at all so i can't do that through there