Whats wrong with my computer? browser opens by itself with a bunch of popups?

hey guys i have a serious problem and i don't know how to fix it. a while back i had a rootkit virus or whatever its called and what happened was whenever i would search something in google or any other search engine it would redirect me to spam sites every time i clicked on any of the search result links. i... show more hey guys i have a serious problem and i don't know how to fix it. a while back i had a rootkit virus or whatever its called and what happened was whenever i would search something in google or any other search engine it would redirect me to spam sites every time i clicked on any of the search result links. i posted a yahoo answers question about that and got a few good answers, i took one of the guys advice and used two programs to get rid of it and once it was gone i had no problems for a few weeks.
well now something is on my computer again, and its similar so i took the same advice from before and used the same two programs. i ran it in safe mode used kapersky rootkit killer and it found another two rootkits. then i ran malwarebytes and it found 3 more. it got rid of them and then i restarted my computer and ran the program again in normal mode. it found 1 more and got rid of it, but this time it didn't solve the problem. what happens now is this. i will just be sitting on my computer and internet explorer (the browser i don't ever even use anymore) will just open out of nowhere and a million tabs will open with advertisements and videos and all kinds of stuff. if i close out of it, it just happens again like every 2 minutes and it will do this for like 30 minutes and then stop doing it all together for a while and then start doing it all over again. this is driving me nuts and i can't afford to have my computer messed up. i have to many important things on it. do you guys know what is causing this and how i can fix it? please help!!
Update: Carlo's why not read my question before responding to it? i already mentioned i have tried malwarebytes. it worked the first time but this time whats happening is slightly different and it didn't work.
Update 2: its ok Carlo's. i guess i should have split up the text a bit more. Chris, i really wish i could!!! i hate it, i never use it and it just takes up space but you cannot remove it for some reason. its not even listed in the installed programs list. as for everyone else. thanks for your answers, i will go over... show more its ok Carlo's. i guess i should have split up the text a bit more.

Chris, i really wish i could!!! i hate it, i never use it and it just takes up space but you cannot remove it for some reason. its not even listed in the installed programs list.

as for everyone else. thanks for your answers, i will go over them and decide which advice to take.