Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Are there any memoirs or autobiographies of actors you know of?

I'm very interested in reading about them. Preferably historical accounts.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Assuming actresses count, I recommend Pauline Collins' "Letter to Louise". It's mostly about being a struggling actress in the 1960's, and then, as an unwed mother, giving up her daughter for adoption. I bought a (signed!) copy because I'm a fan, but had low expectations for a book written by an actress. However, I was very pleasantly surprised, and found it quite good.

Home by Julie Andrews is a great read. It's about the first 30 years or so of her amazing life, I learnt a lot about her that I didn't know.