Anonymous

How come white people don't like saying "excuse me"?

In stores whenever a white person needs to get by or to pick up a certain item they just stand there and get frustrated waiting for you to move. Before I get the obligatory speech about how I should take the initiative and move over/away, most time you don't know or can't tell until they huff and puff. Sometimes you're looking for something or talking to someone so you may not know that someone needs you to get out of the way. That's why people say "excuse me". I say it whenever I need to get to something or to get by and I have no problem with it.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Because everything about this sick society tells them they are right and they deserve more. The same way it tells other people the exact opposite.

Then when you speak up so are called antisocial or racist or something.

• Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

YOU PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT! lmao Their races were brought up because it belonged in the story, fools! If the group of colored girls are calling the caucasian crap(that includes their race) and bullying...then yes it does come to race. YES! OMG! I KNOW WHITE GIRLS DO IT TOO! But, you know what? Every race does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just white and black. Wake up people. That is the problem! Instead of staying with one issue...the people want to come in and say "well um uh ya the white people do it too" This is ignorant. A perfect example on the news lately of a teacher(african american) beating a kid(who was also african) Nobody else stopped it and the kids were laughing at it! People need to grow some, ya know? Stand up and do somethign about it and this won't happen. If other teacher won't help go above them to the principal, if the principal wont help..go to the parents have them talk to higher ups even if you have to go to the board. Always go higher up to resolve problems. TALK TO PARENTS!! They're more then likey to get this under control quickly.

• 7 years ago

Last time I looked and I'm white and I say excuse me all the time in stores, if I need to get in front of someone for any reason --- But I'm 66 and we grew up with manners.

• 7 years ago

Lol. I've noticed that but black folks do it to sometimes. I guess some people just assume you're in their way on purpose so they get mad. Rather immature. I have better things to do than stand in someone's way. I say excuse me every time though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

There are white people in many countries. I presume you are speaking about the United States somewhere in particular, but it is not skin colour but cultural differences and location that influence manners.

• 7 years ago

Hmm they say excuse me in Toronto maybe a little too much lol. Even when I am not in their way they say excuse me.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Some of them are just probably angry because there finally getting taxed properly and stuff! LMAO

• I dont know where you are, but in Ottawa, we do say 'excuse me'.

• 7 years ago

Because you aren't intimidating enough

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Well you see, they are not quite known for mannerisms throughout history...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.