Running the mile, soon so please help?

so im in 8th grade and every year in middle school we need to run a mile in gym. Okay so I have had asthma ever since I was a baby. Also I'm a little heavy, not overweight though. I have an inhaler that I only use for gym or going out somewhere where im going to be moving a lot. I hate how I have asthma and... show more so im in 8th grade and every year in middle school we need to run a mile in gym. Okay so I have had asthma ever since I was a baby. Also I'm a little heavy, not overweight though. I have an inhaler that I only use for gym or going out somewhere where im going to be moving a lot. I hate how I have asthma and I'm not 90 pounds so people just think I can't run because of my weight which is not the main reason.

In 6th grade, my teacher left on maternity role just before and her replacement knew I was stressed and took my 2 lap time and doubled it. It was around 10:30
In 7th grade, my friend and I were late to class so after 2 laps (almost 3), class ended. Then the next day she asked us if we ran the mile and we said yes, that we were confused if we should run or not because she was talking to another teacher. We told her the time was 10:26.
So now this year I ran two laps and I was just like, I can't. My legs hurt, I couldn't breathe, and we were behind everybody else. Our teacher yells at us if we start to walk and I don't want to walk because then it's harder to start running again, but I have to! I feel like I am going to pass out. Of course I live in a community where 98% are athletic and run the mile in 5 minutes. My teacher said in 6th grade "practice makes perfect! trust me, you'll get better." nope. not at all. I have definitely lost weight since 6th grade so I thought it would be a bit better. I was wrong. I don't know if this matters, but I wear my Vans to gym.

So I need your help on when to take my inhaler, how to run, how to pace myself, etc. If there are any running techniques, like walk the curved part of the track, run the long parts, etc. What could I wear to help me run or shorten my time, like what outfit is comfortable and should I be wearing sneakers. Please, helping me would be fabulous :)