Can you put a different return address when paying a speeding ticket by mail? (Canadian paying US ticket)?

My boyfriend received a speeding ticket while in Washington state last week. He will be paying by sending a cheque in the mail. We need to include the cheque and the ticket itself in the letter - which is fine.

However, we are just wondering if we were able to put a different return address on the envelope as in case Washington state police decides to send something back - he doesn't want his parents to find out about the ticket. I said we could put my mailing address on it...but we're not sure if this is okay since the address on the envelope won't match the address on the ticket.

Not a big deal at all but we are just wondering if this is possible to do.


5 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, I believe you could do this. The address on the speeding ticket is just the residence where you had the license issued. However, the return address is from wherever the check was sent. You could just put your return address if you wanted to instead of his. Hope this helps.

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    An envelope with a check comes, they don't care much about the return address.

    Once opened, if they need to send it back, they'd send it to his license address, not the one on the outside of the letter.

  • 3 years ago

    confident and in the event that they ever attempt goinh lower back to the states, the boarder will seek that persons call for any reason and in all threat locate that dashing fee tag and the guy will ought to pay up front good there b4 they get to go into into the states.only like if u have a criminal record the persons on the boarder will locate that out and that they gained't enable u enter into the states. you are able to't get into the states the two with a criminal record.

  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    You can put any return address you want. Or no return address for that matter.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

    Yes as long as the postage is correct. Also would talk to your bank to make sure the check will work. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.