Should I be friends with her? HELP!?!?

So, we've been friends for 7 years. I had an epiphany recently, and realized what a horrible person she is. I've also discovered that she has bipolar disorder (which makes a lot of sense). She lies a lot. She used to do drugs. She talks about people behind their backs, and she always agrees with the what the people she's with are saying. I also don't really like the things she likes anymore. She's still into pleasing other people with stereotypes and trying to be cool and such.

We haven't spoken to each other in almost 6 months because we had an argument. She had lied to me and talked about me behind my back, and tried to blame it on my boyfriend. (She had guy trouble. She was 'raped'-her story goes back and forth between loving it and hating it-and took it out on other guys.)

Anyways, she texted me the other day saying she was sorry and that she wants to be friends again and for me to text her..

What should I do? I don't want to be friends with her. I feel like if I did, it would hurt both of us, because I would feel like I needed to fix her and she would be hurt by a friend hurting her or something. And I can't tell her we think she has bipolar disorder (Her Dad has it and she has major symptoms).

So should I be her friend or not?

Should I text her and apologize for the argument but say I can't be your friend?

What do I do?

All answers thumbed!

Don't be her friend if she's not trustworthy, it's that simple. Find a friend you can tell everything to and who won't back stab you, that's what a real friend is.

Source(s): Had many girlfriends back stab, that's why i have mostly guy friends.

Nah, come **** me instead