Gateway Wireless Lan Driver missing!?

I put my old Gateway Vista Home Premium OS into another gateway Laptop (That didn't have an Operating System) by simply switching out the hard drives... Now when i boot up the laptop with that hard drive and log into the Desktop, i get an error message saying " No Wireless Lan Driver " and the Autorepair isn't fixing it.

Any questions or regards? Email me and i'll reply back. Best Answer gets 10 points

Favorite Answer

I'm surprised vista even booted in the new computer! Drivers are very specific to each model in nearly every case. Usually if the processor is different, the support chip set is different, the video is different , the audio is different vista simply has to be installed on a machine not just moved! You were lucky.

All you need is to get the correct wifi driver for your laptop, Gateway support should have those. Since you didn't say the model of the laptop or which wifi card that is about all anyone can tell you.

Go get the correct driver. http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx

Source(s): TL

go to the gateway website, insert the model of laptop and search wireless driver, sometimes a generic driveer will work but best to try for the correct one.

you can also try device manager, find the wireless section in that, enable/install that may help