Online retail business targeting US-based customers?

Good day everyone. I am planning to start an online retail business targeting US-based customers. But the situation is I am not a US citizen and I live outside US. My target customers would be US Americans and I am also looking to have my product done by a manufacturer in the US. I am planning to have everything... show more Good day everyone. I am planning to start an online retail business targeting US-based customers. But the situation is I am not a US citizen and I live outside US. My target customers would be US Americans and I am also looking to have my product done by a manufacturer in the US. I am planning to have everything done online, technically, there will be no office or headquarters for my business. Just my good old laptop and strong internet connection. My questions are:

-Do I have to register my business in the US? Or do I register it in the country where I am currently residing? Note that my product will be made in the US and will be shipped to my potential customers in the US.
-If in case I have to register it in the US, what are the necessary licenses and permits I need to apply for? I have read that these vary according to state.

Additional info: I am also not a citizen of the country where I am currently residing. I'm an expat in short.

Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to share your knowledge if you're on the same boat as I am. Thank you.
1 answer 1