What is it like to live in a nudist colony?

I'm a junior in high school so I plan on joining one anytime soon but I was thinking of possibly spending some time in one in the future. I don't want to go just to check out naked chicks or anything (I'm a guy), I just want the experience of living without clothing. S for now I was just wondering some of the aspects of life in a colony. Also, like most dudes, when I see naked women, I get a hard-on. I don't want this to be an odd thing and I maybe I would get used to it after a while. So I just wanted to know some aspects of life and maybe tips for living in a nudist colony.

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

First of all, to concur with what Grommit and Rick said, there's no such thing as a nudist "colony" any more. That term died out in the 1960s. Such places these days are nudist (or naturist) resorts, camps, clubs, parks, or communities, depending on the the features and amenities of the particular location.

When you ask what's it like to live in such a place I take it you're talking about a nudist place that has residences rather than just being a visitor for a day or a weekend. I've never lived at one but I've been a day visitor so I'll try to answer the best I can. Some resorts have cabins or cottages for rent for year-round or part time residence (some resorts close for the winter). Some actually have houses you can buy outright; a naturist/nudist community would be pretty much like a gated community rather than having any sort of resort or camping features. Either way, if you're living there then activities around the house and yard would be no different than living anywhere else with the exception that you can freely be nude without concern of busybody neighbors calling the police. I imagine it would be wonderfully relaxing to be so worry-free in your own yard. If it's a resort then around the rest of the place you can take advantage of the amenities such as the pool, hot tub, swimming pond, tennis and volleyball courts, billiards at the pool table, shuffleboard, miniature golf course, and so on (the amenities will vary from one place to the next). You'll find the locker/shower rooms to be communal rather than gender-segregated, and it's a common rule that a shower is required before getting into the pool or hot tub. At any such place you’ll meet and make friends with people who are singles, couples, whole families, young, old, male, and female. Nudist places are family friendly and have no age restrictions (those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and are always welcome to attend with one).

Whether you're a resident or a temporary visitor, you have to know and follow the rules of the establishment, plus common nudist etiquette. The first and most common is that everyone must have their own towel to sit on at all times. In your home that would be up to you but in the community areas of a resort/camp/park the towel is mandatory. Regarding erections, it actually almost never happens (so, "like most dudes" is incorrect). With teenagers, nudists understand that it happens more frequently due to puberty and it's very much involuntary. There are two main schools of thought on how to deal with erections: some say it should be covered up or hidden until it goes away; others say it's just a body part doing a perfectly normal thing and doesn't necessarily have to be hidden, and can be ignored until it goes away. But in either case, naturists/nudists agree that (1) an erect penis is a perfectly natural body part doing a perfectly natural function, and (2) regardless of the method of dealing with it, an erection must never be flaunted, played with, maintained, have attention drawn to it, or be used in any way that intentionally makes people uncomfortable. The rules of the particular resort will reflect those rules and one school of thought or the other. You wouldn't be automatically kicked out as long as you follow the rules.

As a new guy to naturism it's just a matter of getting used to nudity, both seeing people naked and being seen naked, to disassociate nudity from sex in your mind and no longer automatically get an erection when you see a naked woman. You'll get used to it quickly and will start to see a woman as a whole and naturally beautiful person rather than just a collection of fun naked body parts. Just like overcoming any fears of being seen naked, you'll get used to it and find it all very comfortable.

You say "I just want the experience of living without clothing." That’s easy! Just start living clothes-free at home as much as possible. Since you’re a junior in high school (I was a freshman when I became a naturist) I take it you’re living with your parents still, so openly living nude would have to be an agreement between you and them. If they’re not comfortable with that you’ll have to keep your nudity private, either in your room, around the house when they’re not home, out in the woods, etc., and have at least a couple more years before you can move out on your own and set your own house rule of clothing-optional. (If you try enjoying nudism in the woods, be sure it’s a secluded place and always keep alert and aware of your surroundings.)

Source(s): When you’re nude all you have to do is go about your usual activities that you’d normally do when clothed: homework, watch TV, eat, sleep, video games, projects, or whatever. A common nudist policy is “clothed when practical, nude when possible,” so if you find you’re chilly, don’t be disappointed that you have to put something on since it’s a practical option. Hope this helps! ~~~~~~~ naturist since 1990
  • quatto

Living As A Nudist

Ants and termites live in colonies. Humans don't. Nudist colony is a hater term from the 1930's, and no real nudist ever says it. There are nudist clubs, resorts, or camps. Many are year round, with indoor facilities. Nudists are nude when possible, clothed when necessary.

Walking around with an erection, will get you kicked out.

RE:

I'm a junior in high school so I plan on joining one anytime soon but I was thinking of possibly spending some time in one in the future. I don't want to go just to check out naked chicks or anything (I'm a guy), I just want the experience of living without clothing. S for now I was...

The answer above is correct. We don't call them "colonies" because that's not what they are. They're clubs, campgrounds, resorts, and sometimes small communities. I've visited many and stayed a few days at a time, but never lived there.

The only difference between there and anywhere else is the high degree of acceptance you'll find. And, of course, comfort. It's not a sexual situation, it's a social one. People get used to being naked and seeing other people that way very quickly and easily. Because of that, one isn't aroused and nobody's erect.

• Lauren

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axxlz

It's like normal life, with a cool breeze. (Literally, that is all that is different) You don't focus on people being nude, and if you're rude enough to walk around getting aroused anytime you see a hot lady, you can actually be told to get out if there are complaints made about you. Most people aren't young and hot though, a lot of them will be erm, aged.

• paul c

Nudist colonies have whole families living together, just like in any colony. Do you think there are age restrictions ? You have no idea what your talking about, do you ? Your just a ***** boy longing to stare at naked people. I wish you would just write the truth. You waste every ones time with this stuff.

Tell your mom and dad to take you a nudist colony. It can be a family trip. If you can stand there with your parents naked, you can join. If you can't stop laughing. Your too immature and they have too many single men at these places. So they'll tell you to come back when your married.

Humbling

To me, it's just like any other community, just without the clothes.

When it gets cold in the winter a lot of them die from extreme exposure, surviving the winter months is terrible in nudist colonies, FACT cold winters are the number one killer of Nudist Colonists look it up..