Help Recording for a drummer in a band.?

Hello, My name is Andrew and I'm the drummer for my first ever band. ( 11th grade), I have a Pearl VBL Ruby Fade set with Sabian XS20 Crashes ( 16' and 18' ), B8 Pro Ride, B8Pro High Hats, B8 Crash Ride, XS20 Splash and a AA China. My band has 3 songs we've made done already, and i was wondering... show more Hello, My name is Andrew and I'm the drummer for my first ever band. ( 11th grade), I have a Pearl VBL Ruby Fade set with Sabian XS20 Crashes ( 16' and 18' ), B8 Pro Ride, B8Pro High Hats, B8 Crash Ride, XS20 Splash and a AA China. My band has 3 songs we've made done already, and i was wondering if i should buy drum mics to record us or not. My buddy has a professional recording studio in his house. ( Payed like 300 bucks for software), has a mixer, Drum Mics that cost like 300 bucks and has really good amps and mics for my singer. his set and cymbals are kinda garbage though, so I'm bringing over my snare, cymbals and double base peddles if i go over there. He is offering us a deal where we pay him 10$ a song to record and is not timed, we can come over as much as we want until they are done for 10$ each. Or should i break out the bank and buy myself a Sampson 5 kit 5 piece Drum mic set and buy a cheap like 75$ mixer to go with the audacity i have. The guitarist she has an amazing amp, and an xplorer guitar, the bassist has a laguna bass with an OK amp and the singer has my mic from a karaoke set and my harteke guitar amp, cause he's cheap. We do all the work, make the lyrics and the songs and buy all new stuff and he buys nothing and says he's poor but just bought a new skateboard for 100$ and some tickets to see Avenged Sevenfold and others. He's a good friend of mine, and is a good singer just cheap lol. We need him for the talent show cause no outsiders ( from other schools can attend). Any help is greatly appreciated!
1 answer 1