Teach myself how to drive confidently?

Today I took my first road test and failed. It's not that i cant drive but more of me being nervous . Like when I turned the corner someone was parallel parking and my instructor told me to pass them by going onto the other lane. I was scared that my instructor would give me points for waiting to long to pass... show more Today I took my first road test and failed. It's not that i cant drive but more of me being nervous . Like when I turned the corner someone was parallel parking and my instructor told me to pass them by going onto the other lane. I was scared that my instructor would give me points for waiting to long to pass them but when I tried to they began moving out there spot and I almost crashed. I've taking driving lessons with a school and have been driving with my bf & mom. Whenever I drive with my bf he always yells at me when I do something wrong but when I do something right he stays quiet. I told him that I wanted him to tell me when I do something right but he said he shouldn't have to I should know from him not saying anything. & my mom is not a bad teacher she just forgets to remind me to look behind me when I do lane changes . I know the basics of driving it's just that I get nervous sometimes & it causes me to mess up. I just want to know if driving by myself sometimes would help me build confidence???
3 answers 3