Can Cher sing? can Madonna?

Personally I think:

Cher = yes

Madonna = ehh...kinda

Update:

Cher sang the national anthem at the superbowl in ’99 and sounded great, but Ive never found a clip of Madonna singing really well

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Madonna can't sing very well though she's improved with a lot of training. At the beginning she was terrible.

Cher can sing but her voice has changed over the years and I prefer the way she sounded when she started. But I guess not much she can do about that, people's voices just tend to get deeper. Phil Spector used her as a backing singer on his classic recordings so she had to be good.

Cher had a strong career for several decades. At least as long as Madonna has been around (remember she started 20 years before Madonna). And Madonna now seems to be declining. Plus Cher's been able to do what Madonna couldn't - made some good movies and won Oscars.

• 8 years ago

Cher has a better voice I think. Both are amazing performers as well.

Madonna is very good at marketing and is probably smarter than Cher which is why she has lasted longer and is more famous.

• 8 years ago

Madonna can't thats why she lip synced the entire superbowl halftime show...

• 7 years ago

both can sing very good

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

They both suck at singing

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

how about her superbowl show? i found this one here - one of her best live vocal - enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbXpXBFtcJY

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.