Where to live in Spain?

In the new year I am going to live in Spain for 3-4 months to learn Spanish (I'm from the UK so visa etc aren't a problem), but I'm unsure of where to go. I don't want to be in any of the real touristy places where there are lots of other Brits. I just want a nice location where little English is... show more In the new year I am going to live in Spain for 3-4 months to learn Spanish (I'm from the UK so visa etc aren't a problem), but I'm unsure of where to go. I don't want to be in any of the real touristy places where there are lots of other Brits. I just want a nice location where little English is spoken so I have to speak Spanish, but where there are things to do so I can go out a meet people and have some fun.

Also, I know it's a pretty vague questions and difficult to quantify, but anyone have any ideas on the costs of living in Spain?