Did you go to College?

Are you happy with your decision?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, although I don't work in the area I received my degree in.

• 8 years ago

Nope. College looks good on a job application, but unless you're going to be a CPA or a lawyer it really pales in comparison to real world experience.

I'm sure everyone who has a degree is going to flame me for saying that but it's true, and they will do that to justify their student loans and parents' investment. But it's the truth. You can make over 80K a year, a really decent living, by running a CNC machine without a college education. You can be a police officer by staying in shape and going through six months of training without a degree.

Granted, it can sweeten the pot, but think of it like this. You will spend over 100K on a college education to make 40k a year in most cases, and in this market there is no guarantee you can keep that gig.

If you want to go I wouldn't tell you not to. However, in a society where people get degrees in fields of study that have no place in the real world i.e. Pathological Speech Therapy or Submarine Technology you can't do any worse by working your *** off from the bottom.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I did, and I'm completely happy I did. College gave me the chance to get jobs in my chosen field (IT) that wouldn't be possible with just school qualifications.

More importantly it gave me the chance to be the person I wanted to be instead of the awkward skinny pale girl I was during high school. Just being in college and able to socialize with other intelligent people who didn't judge me based on what I looked like or how I acted at school was great. It gave me so much self-confidence and helped me be more sociable and secure than I ever was at high school.

• Vinn
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I'm planning to go once I finish off this part of my education and I will be happy with my decision. With certainty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I'm currently a college student.

Yes

• Emily
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

No, I'm not old enough.

When I do, I will be happy with my decision!

• 8 years ago

Well I'm stuck in that horror movie called "High School" but I'm planning on going to college(:

• 8 years ago

Yes

• Q-mama
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I did go, and to grad school and it was the right decision for me.

• 8 years ago

I went for one semester and dropped out.I'm not too happy with it,but I plan on going back soon,so it's okay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.