How do you speak pig latin?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pig latin is kinda close to english actually. So let's say we hae the words "Pig Latin" and we wanna translate it into pig latin, first we drop the first letter of the words, so it becomes "ig Atin", then you stick that letter that we took off at the end of the word - "igP atinL", then to conclude the translation, you put 'ay' at the end of the new words - "igPay atinLay". There's your translation.

For another example, if you wanted to translate your question 'How do you speak pig latin", the sentence becomes: "Owhay oday ouyay peaksay igpay atinlay".

Hope this helps (:

Source(s): I've spoken Igpay Atinlay since i was 9.
  • 8 years ago

Take the consonant off the front and put it on the back with an "ay" sound.

How = ow-hay

do = oo-day

you = oo-yay

speak = eak-spay

pig = ig-pay

latin = atin-lay?

If the word starts with a vowel, some people say "way", some people say "hay" as I recall.

out = out-way or out-hay.

@King of Hearts: The way we said it, "this" would become "is-thay", not "his-tay". We wouldn't break up a "th".

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The usual rules for changing standard English into Pig Latin are as follows:

For words that begin with consonant sounds, the initial consonant or consonant cluster is moved to the end of the word, and "ay" is added, as in the following examples:

"happy" → "appyhay"

"duck" → "uckday"

"glove" → "oveglay"

For words that begin with vowel sounds or silent letter, you just add ay to the end. Examples are:

"egg" → "eggay"

"inbox" → "inboxay"

"eight" → "eightay"

• 8 years ago

Gust say a tat the end of evre thing like I like you is ia likea youa

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Pwas eht tasl rettel hitw wht tirsf rettel

Swap the last letter with the first letter

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Simple.

If a word starts with a consonant (for example, the word "hello" starts with a consonant letter) or a consonant cluster (like the words "fruit", "glove", "story"), simply move the consonant or consonant cluster from the beginning of the word to the end of the word, then add '-ay'.

Examples:

dog – ogd + ay = ogday

hello – elloh + ay = ellohay

peanut – eanutp + ay = eanutpay

marvelous – arvelousm + ay = arvelousmay

switch – itchsw + ay = itchsway

group – oupgr + ay = oupgray

stalker – alkerst + ay = alkerstay

fruitful – uitfulfr + ay = uitfulfray

However, you only need to add either '-ay' or '-way' if the word starts with a vowel. Depends if you want to use '-ay' or '-way'. Some even say '-hay' too, while others omit the 'y' part, becoming '-a' instead, though I prefer the '-ay' and '-way'.

Examples:

inbox + ay/way = inboxay / inboxway

egg + ay/way = eggay / eggway

umbrella + way = umbrellaway

artifact + ay/way = artifactay / artifactway

images + ay/way = imagesay / imagesway

Sample Sentences:

> Good morning. = Oodgay orningmay.

> Nice to meet you. = Icenay otay eetmay ouyay.

> I love you. = Iway ovelay ouyay.

> Do you understand Pig Latin? = Oday ouyay understandway Igpay Atinlay?

Oh, and two more things: when dealing with compound words, split them up. (Ex: nightshade = ightnay adeshay, unless if you want it to be 'nightshadeway'); and when dealing with people's names, just do the usual thing when you change a word to Pig Latin.

Ex: Rachel – Achelr + ay = Achelray

Jake – Akej + ay = Akejay

Taylor – Aylort + ay = Aylortay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.