I need a business idea for an office space of about 500 square feet on a main road in New Jersey.?

The space on a 2nd floor of a 5-story bldg. There is a Dentist of the first floor and a tax office on the other side of the 2nd floor.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Instead of thinking of a business idea first, I would first look at the demographics in your immediate area (zip code) and determine who your potential customers would be? Do you have alot of seniors? homeowners? renters? college students? small families? commuters? Once you get a snapshot of the demographic that comprises your community (your potential customer base), you can then look at a business that will solve a problem or fulfill a need for the group that has the largest representation. Below are sectors that are predicted to grow the fastest between now and 2020. Maybe you should concentrate on one of these sectors.

"Professional services, health care, and education are the broad sectors predicted to grow the fastest, along with a rebounding construction industry. Within those sectors, the fastest growing will be home health care services, individual and family health care services, and management/scientific/technical consulting services." (1)

Good luck with whatever business you decide to open. You may already know this, but you can get all of the demographic data free from the US Census Bureau. If you need help in this area, please feel free to visit my website, http://www.polatbusiness.com and complete the contact form.

Best regards,

Donna Polat

Polat Business Solutions, Inc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.