? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

has Russell Wilson proved he is great?

everyone keeps saying RG3 and Luck are better, but i think Russell Wilson beats them both. who do you think will get rookie of the year?

Favorite Answer

Wilson has certainly been flying under the radar all year. I feel like he's been just as good as Luck and RG3, but the media simply does not want to put a 3rd round selection in the mix with the top two picks of the draft. Another big factor keeping him out of the discussion is the fact that he and the Seahawks haven't been that great away from the Link. With a win against a top tier Bears defense at Soldier Field (the place they may go for a playoff re-match if they don't win the West), it's reached a point where you can't ignore him as a serious candidate anymore. Matter of fact, in recent weeks, Luck's completion percentage continues to dip dangerously close to 50%. Wilson is at 62 or 63. He has been the best decision maker of the three (and I have seen at least two Seahawk, Colts and Redskins games so I can say this unbiasedly without hesitation). RG3 has a good arm and all, but he has had a LOT of 5 yard passes turned 80 yards runs. Luck has the swag and is absolutely fearless in 4th quarters, but he's been suspect against the few elite teams the Colts have played. Wilson had one terrible game against the Rams, but four straight games with multiple touchdowns and no picks means a LOT. He doesn't need 400 yard passing games or 100 yard rushing games to get the point across that he's a good fit for that team. I'm not sure WHO should or will win ROTY, but Wilson has every right to be in that discussion. And this is from a Jets fan who saw my team get throttled in the Link like everyone else this year lol

• ?

Russell Wilson is good, but he will not beat Luck for Rookie of the Year. Only player that can do that is RG3. That's only if RG3 actually gets close to the playoffs.

Young QBs i'd take (in order)

1. Luck

2. RG3

3. Russell

4. Dalton

5. Bradford

The quality of Wilson's decision making is among the best and in 10 years I think he'll prove to have been way better than RG3. But I'm afraid that he will never get the stats that RG3 and Luck will and is a distant 3rd right now.

With this win today, I think the rookie of the year voting just swung over to Luck.

• ?

I would like to see Wilson as a starter within the NFL but i do not consider Carrol will play him proper away. He's more commonly going to move with Flynn given that he already has experience and is an outstanding QB already. That being said Wilson will by and large be the 2nd string man and he'll get known as up if Flynn messes up. Can not watch for the season to start :D

Yes he is good(Iam a Bear fan) he just isnt getting ethe exposure like RGIII and Luck

He beat the Bears Defense which isnt that easy he had them fooled the last 2 drives of the game with numerous missed tackles

and should be considered for ROY

• DB-C

I think RG3 is better, Luck and Wilson is a good discussion, I'm really not sure which is better.

Also do not forget Russell Wilson is one or is the lowest paid QB. That is bang for the buck for Seattle.

• jared

Ehh

No. He beat a Bears D that lost their two starting DB's and, for whatever reason, couldn't tackle anyone today.

Props to the Seahawks for a good game. 'Grats on the win.