Can anyone tell me the name of this vampire book series?

My sister is an avid reader of this genre and sometimes recommends books to me. I read a book years ago and neither of us can remember what it was. She literally has no recollection of it at all and I suppose perhaps she just didn't enjoy it but I wouldn't have found and read it without her suggestion. Now I'm not sure if I'm just crazy and making it up since my memory is so vague but it's killing me to remember what it was called since I hadn't finished the series. The story is of a 200 odd year old vampire. In life he was a Romani gypsy and had a wife and maybe a child. The wife whipped him loads on the back and he has been left with the scars in death. I think the wife may be the one who turned him but can't remember. He is very old world and doesn't have a good understanding of modern culture. The female protagonist who was some sort of agent assigned to work with him on a case was a 5th degree black belt in tae kwon-do and is generally kick ***. Lots of guns and she seemed pretty smitten with him. Their adventuring ends up in a show down in a mansion out of town (I think in florida, somewhere like miami) they broke into. I think his long lost wife returns and it gets awkward. In the second book they go to a desert in somewhere like saudi arabia and there is local folklore and guardians by graveyards. They fight demon dogs and the like.

I really don't remember all that much and perhaps it might not be worth me reading on but something reminded me of it and its really bugging me to remember.

Favorite Answer

The Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/44695-jaz-parks

"Jasmine Elaine Parks is a CIA assassin who is regularly assigned to paranormal cases. Having been born into a military family...Her extensive martial arts background includes training in kung fu, aikido, and taekwondo. In addition, she is a noted sharpshooter..."

"A vampire who was born in Romania in 1744, Vayl is now a CIA official who regularly serves as Jaz's field partner and direct superior. His record is so diverse and secure that only the president and head of Jaz's department is allowed to see it. His transformation came at the hands of his wife, Liliana, who reappears and is killed during the series' present-day story."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaz_Parks_series

Thirst via Christopher Pike? The one different one i will be able to suppose of is the Twilight Saga, and i am certain that is now not it, although there are 4 books in that sequence. Hope this helps! :)

Vampir gypsy halloween vampir or dark gypsy