Is Egypt an expensive place to live?

I was thinking of getting a teaching job at a English school there as I am British.

How much do houses cost in Egypt?

And what is standard of living life?

Thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Haven't you seen the news? Egypt is in turmoil. It has an Islamic fundamentalist government who are determined to turn the country into more thirld world than it was before. Teaching English won't be high on their agenda!

• 4 years ago

Sharm El Shiekh is not so much fitting for families, unless you work in the tourism industry, it is a completely tourist city. Alexandria is beautiful, and Cairo is the capital, so both are lovely. But Cairo has an advantage over Alexandria new compounds (Like Al Rehab, Madinaty, Degla Heights, etc...) and it is very safe and good for families. Ismailia is nice, but can't be compared with Cairo & Alexandria, although life expenses is much cheaper in Ismailia, but again it is kind of boring city, and the options of where you can live in luxury places isn't big. But it worth considering as an option.

• 7 years ago

" I was thinking of getting a teaching job at a English school there as I am British. " mate I'd think again & again before taking this decision . Egypt is so unstable & unsafe now . to answer your question yes it is cheap here comparing to your home country but salaries here are much less than salaries at UK. good luck mate!

Source(s): Egyptian
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Cairo may be the capital of Egypt and one of many biggest cities in Africa and the Middle East and a great place to go to; learn more with hotelbye . On the Nile river, Cairo is famous for a unique record, maintained in the incredible medieval Islamic town and Coptic internet sites in Old Cairo. The Egyptian Museum in the heart of city is a must see, with its numerous Ancient Egyptian artefacts since no visit to Cairo will be total with out a trip to the Giza Pyramids, and to the nearby Saqqara Pyramid Complex. In Cairo you can see: The Pyramid of Cheops (also named the Great Pyramid or Pyramid of Khufu), the largest pyramid of the Giza class, and their inside of narrow passages can be investigated, though there isn't significantly to see, except a plain tomb chamber with an bare sarcophagus. Straight behind the Great Pyramid is the Solar Boat Museum, which exhibits one of many ceremonial solar barques unearthed in your community that has been carefully repaired to their unique glory. More south on the plateau may be the Pyramid of Chephren (also known as the Pyramid of Khefre), which has an inside canal area which can be entered.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Passio
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Egypt is very cheap and I think the standard of living is great.

• 7 years ago

in egypt live is normal not to expensive bout if u want to live good there u must have money and if u donot have u will suffer

and It depends on where do you want to live.

But you can fined a decent apartment from 40,000 $ to 200,000 $ and more depends on the district.]]

i wish i helped u

• 7 years ago

LOL IT'S CHEAP NOT EXPENSIVE

YOU CAN TAKE A FLAT IN 1 MONTH FOR 4000 L.E ABOUT 680$ ONLY & FOOD IS VERY CHEAP THAN ENGLAND.

• aimeé
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

it isn't expensive, no.

to us in the uk, it is very cheap - but bare in mind the salary out there is nothing compared to what we have here. so once you live there on that salary, prices won't feel expensive nor cheap

• 7 years ago

if you don't have job in egypt

don't try to live in it

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If you dont get a job you wont get money from anywhere

Source(s): Ive been there
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.