What do you think will happen if George RR Martin dies before finishing the core books of the ASOIAF series?

I don't want to criticize him for working on all of these side projects. As someone who has tried to write I know how all of these side things can take over. ( I only work on small projects for myself and I get side tracked like crazy). George RR Martin isn't getting any younger and at his current pace... show more I don't want to criticize him for working on all of these side projects. As someone who has tried to write I know how all of these side things can take over. ( I only work on small projects for myself and I get side tracked like crazy).

George RR Martin isn't getting any younger and at his current pace it might be another ten years before he finishes the series. Does he have another ten years of life left to finish the 7 core books of the series?
Should he just release things chapter by chapter as he finishes them?
Should his publisher make him produce a general idea of how he wants the series to end (as if they can really make him do that lol) that they can release if he dies before he finishes writing the series?
Will we the fans be able to collectively write the end? ( I think it could work if we all make small submissions and vote on them).

This is harder than waiting on the Harry Potter series. At least then we knew the J. K. Rowling was actually working on Harry Potter full time (Not that Martin doesn't have the right to do absolutely nothing if he wants.)
Update: Edit

I didn't say that I liked the idea of fanfic, I just think we could make it work if we had NO other option.
Update 2: Edit 2

I like the idea of him writing another 20 volumes!