Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 7 years ago

animes like sword art online?

Hey there ^^

i can't wait another week for watch something like SAO... so can you recommend me animes like this?

The most similar for me is Accel World... but i dont really like it... so yeah...

i would prefer some romance in the animes... and you know... it should make me want more after watching the first chapter.

That kind of anime :)

Best Answer

yea, i didn't like accel world much as well

K is a great new anime which has REALLY cool effects

zetsuen no tempest is also new and i cannot stop watching

Fate Zero is a must have - really really gripping and amazing but not so much romance than killing other people

ever watched soul eater? - it's not much like SAO but it has really nice concepts and unique art style

there's kaze no stigma which is really good with romance - but it's short at like 26 eps

[c] the money of soul and possibility control was so intriguing when it came out and has a concept like no other anime - but was actually really good (though i was a little confused at first)

angel beats is so amazing T_T it made me cry like 6 times - must watch if you havent already (not to mention the OST is sublime)

If you want to try your hand at a very bloody anime then mirrai nikki or deadman wonderland are both superb (deadman wonderland is just a hook to get you into the manga which is also amazing)

I'm watching Hunter x Hunter atm - it's pretty much shonen - but it's not dragging along like most shonen anime - it's a martial arts one so the fights are actual fights and not just "FINAL ATTACK SUPER MEGA ULTRA SUPER PSYCHEDLIC ATTTACKKKKKKK!!!/GETSUGA TENSHOUUUU!"

anyways hope that helps

FORGOT TO ADD - WATCH MAGI - i'm really into it atm - it's great - not too cheesy and with a nice concept - it's only up to 9 eps and i think it will last at least up to 50 eps :)

07-Ghost

11Eyes

Anohana

Angel Beats

Btooom

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Durarara

Mawaru Penguindrum

Mirai Nikki

Shiki

Star Driver

Tegami Bachi

To Aru Majutsu no Index

• Amy

Hmm... the closest I've watched that is similar to SAO, is

Kaze No Stigma .

There is light romance and a lot of action . It's really cute too <3

In a game anime-

.hack//

Accel World

Characters forced to fight anime-

bokurano

Gantz(Not for kids)

Mirai Nikki

If you're looking for a in-game type anime, you could try the .hack// series.