Is there any way around a non-compete agreement?

I'm a dogwalker who is fed up with how my company is treating me. Most of my clients don't like how my boss handles them either. I want to take my favorite clients and start my own separate dog walking route. However when I first got this job I signed a non-compete agreement. I was wondering if any law... show more I'm a dogwalker who is fed up with how my company is treating me. Most of my clients don't like how my boss handles them either. I want to take my favorite clients and start my own separate dog walking route. However when I first got this job I signed a non-compete agreement. I was wondering if any law savvy folks out there know of a possible loophole that I can use to protect myself from any legal action my boss might take against me if she finds out that I'm taking her clients.

I was thinking that perhaps if I bring signed statements from my clients saying that I didn't poach them from my boss, that they themselves sought me out, and they willingly without any coercion or courting wanted to use me as their dogwalker that I could deflect any legal action/cease and desist order brought against me. Let me know what you think.
5 answers 5