Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 years ago

F-1 visa to green card?

My uncle is a us citizen,my grandmother too . i am a f-1 visa holder .can i able to apply for green card or my uncle can able to bring me green card while um studying ? if possible please give me reliable answer . thank you

Best Answer

no, as noted, neither your uncle nor your grandmother can sponsor you for a green card. you'll have to find another way, if you can.

your uncle cannot help ..

and you student visa is non immigrant ..

you cannot get a green card

Green Card Through Family

Green Card Through a Job

Green Card Through Refugee or Asylee Status

Green Card Through Investment

Green Card Through Marriage

Your counselor is robust. To be seen an in-state resident for instructions applications, you may first of all be a resident of a state for a 365 days. So it particularly is going to likely be one 365 days from the day you grow to be a resident ( the day you get your green card) till now you're eligible for in-state rates. Plus you are going to be living on your state for a objective different than for college. otherwise, anybody could be in-state for 3 of their 4 years in college. So one 365 days once you graduate, in case you reside interior the state, you should bypass decrease back for yet another degree as an in-state pupil.

• Jan

Nope. Neither your uncle or your grandmother can petition for a green card for you. You cannot apply for your own green card.