YOLO(you only live once)...why?

It seems like I'm always hearing YOLO this and that, and I feel like it's almost an immoral phrase because of the way people use it. YOLO(you only live once)So why is that an excuse to do dangerous things that have a high chance of ending your life, it's so contradictory. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Favorite Answer

in my mind people should only use yolo when doing something safe.

Like "Oh Jake you better put your seatbelt on, YOLO"

I agree with you. People use YOLO as an excuse for doing stupid things and they just make themselves look stupid. "You only live once so why not have sex with 30 guys?" Its stupid and makes no sense to me. My friends say it just to make fun of people who actually mean it haha

I feel exactly the same. Its so stupid. I hate it so much, this girl at my school writes it on her hand, and then she got a question wrong and she said 'yolo,' and i just wanted to scream -.-

the good thing is, it'll die out. its just another stupid trend.

How witty! enable's see, i'm going to bypass with people who have been actual Yankees. None of those "weapons for hire" like Reggie Jackson. To me he won't be a real Yankee. How approximately Whitey Ford or Ron Guidry or Bernie Williams or Derek Jeter or Yogi Berra? guess i might could bypass with Yogi.

I agree. It gives people an excuse to do stupid things.

• Leslie

I feel the same way.