Athiests: What do you think of Moses?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Edwin Moses was a very fast runner. As far as the biblical one goes, thou shalt not bear false witness but let me tell you about the time I parted the Red Sea.

• 8 years ago

Moses never probably never existed. It's possible the legend might have been based on some real character or event, but it's certain that the exodus never actually happened. Not only is there no evidence of a slave population leaving Egypt, or an Egyptian army drowning in the Red Sea, or evidence of a wandering population living in the desert for 40 years.... there is also no evidence that the Jews conquered Canaan. In fact there is evidence to the contrary. Jewish society arose gradually from within Canaanite civilization.

• 8 years ago

Whether or not he existed many of the stories attached to him were borrowed from earlier cultures, the story of being found in a basket floating in a river was originally ascribed to an early Sumerian king, for instance.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nonexistent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • punch
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Typical man. Wandered lost in the desert and never could ask for directions.

• chet
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

He was the martin luther king jr. of his time, if he existed

• 8 years ago

Never existed.

• 8 years ago

I don't think he actually built an Arc

• 8 years ago

it took the meekest man on earth to deal with the Israelites for 40 years......yet he did it and he brought them to the promised land.....God saw potential in him and he delivered

• 8 years ago

I think he should've said "Hey, God, about these commandments... um... some of them are kind of dumb."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.