Athiests: What do you think of Moses?

Favorite Answer

Edwin Moses was a very fast runner. As far as the biblical one goes, thou shalt not bear false witness but let me tell you about the time I parted the Red Sea.

Moses never probably never existed. It's possible the legend might have been based on some real character or event, but it's certain that the exodus never actually happened. Not only is there no evidence of a slave population leaving Egypt, or an Egyptian army drowning in the Red Sea, or evidence of a wandering population living in the desert for 40 years.... there is also no evidence that the Jews conquered Canaan. In fact there is evidence to the contrary. Jewish society arose gradually from within Canaanite civilization.

Whether or not he existed many of the stories attached to him were borrowed from earlier cultures, the story of being found in a basket floating in a river was originally ascribed to an early Sumerian king, for instance.

Nonexistent.

• punch

Typical man. Wandered lost in the desert and never could ask for directions.

• chet

He was the martin luther king jr. of his time, if he existed

Never existed.

I don't think he actually built an Arc

it took the meekest man on earth to deal with the Israelites for 40 years......yet he did it and he brought them to the promised land.....God saw potential in him and he delivered

I think he should've said "Hey, God, about these commandments... um... some of them are kind of dumb."