HELP - Keyword vs Experience?

Hi guys, I discovered internet marketing about 3 months ago and have already got 2 small sites running but still learning the ropes. I just have a question that I am stuck with, so I was hoping that someone might be able to help. My recent experience and passion has been with bringing a product to market (which... show more Hi guys,
I discovered internet marketing about 3 months ago and have already got 2 small sites running but still learning the ropes.
I just have a question that I am stuck with, so I was hoping that someone might be able to help.
My recent experience and passion has been with bringing a product to market (which I managed to do successfully) and I'd like to start a blog on that - not claiming to be an expert but sharing my experiences and getting experts in to interview.
The problem is I have had trouble finding good 'money' keywords based on Pat Flynn's Keyword research webinar criteria - the SEO competition looks fairly high and traffic ok-low. Looking at the competition, I am confident I can provide a better authoritative site than most of them but without those money keywords would I just be wasting my time?
I'd love to capitalize on the experience I have had over the last few years and share the lessons I've learned with others but obviously do not want to ignore all the advice i've been reading on the importance of picking good keywords.
Should I go with my passion/experience and expertise or should I scrap this idea as being too risky (not enough traffic/too much competition) and focus on a different niche all together?
Any advice you could give would be much appreciated - and Thank you!!
Update: I have tried to analyse the SEO competiton and Traffic using the Google adwords tool (see below for best matches) but all of the exact matches have ridiculous competition compared to the phrase matches - does this mean I should steer clear of this area and focus my attention on another project? or is it ok to go... show more I have tried to analyse the SEO competiton and Traffic using the Google adwords tool (see below for best matches) but all of the exact matches have ridiculous competition compared to the phrase matches - does this mean I should steer clear of this area and focus my attention on another project? or is it ok to go by the phrase match?

KEYWORD COMP/ TRAFFIC
"How to write a business plan" 799,000/ 33,100
[How to write a business plan] 326,000,000/ 27,100
"How to patent and idea" 114,000/ 12,100
[How to patent and idea] 95,500,000/ 9,900
"New business idea" 11,600,000/ 3,600
"Patent a product" 217,000/ 2,900
"New product idea" 242,000/ 1,300
[New business idea] 892,000,000/ 1,300
"How to manufacture a product" 1,610,000/ 1,000
[How to manufacture a product] 96,000,000/ 880