Should Detroit City go Bankrupt?

Not the Auto Industry I mean the actual city. What are the pros(if any) and cons. Is there any painless way out it? Is it Bing's fault or City Council. Anything else you would like to add on the matter would be appreciated. No negative bs.

Favorite Answer

Then let us not forget about how the gov't fleeced the city. No not Kwame , but John Enlgler and his crew taking funds from the city and pocketing them. But if the city goes bankrupt that would not only hurt the city, but the region and state as well. It's so sad that this state is in the shape that it is in , financially , racially , every lly ..

• Amy

It's the City Council's fault. Whomever gets voted into that place turns into an entitled, chip of their shoulder, spoiled rotten, unswerving idiot who is incapable of working with anyone else. All they do is argue and worry about the white man taking over. Even Ken Cockerell seems to have forgotten what it was like to be on the other side. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. It goes way beyond the checks and balances that are supposed to happen between the mayor and City Council. It's crazy and it's downright imoral of them to keep taking money from a city that they are not doing one damn thing to help!

I don't know all of the financial implications of going bankrupt v state financial manager v. consent agreement, but something has to give and I firmly believe it has to start with the City Council.

Detroit is broke because there's not enough revenue from property taxes coming in. Anybody who blames the council or any individual is an idiot.