i want to convert to Islam but im scared to tell my parents?

Hi all,

Well I'm a young 18 year old women who is currently catholic.Well at the moment i don't personally believe that is my true religion. I believe in one god and that god was the person who created the earth for everyone. He is the true creator and that heaven is real. Sometimes wonder if i'm doing the right thing. My parents don't believe in the muslim religion. They judge the religion to quickly, there is nothing wrong with them. I personally hate it, it really upsets me when they do this. But to add to this issue, well i currently really like someone who is muslim. My parents won't accept him and i know that. I am want to convert but there is so many issues. For an example will his family accept me as a western person, is he going against his religion, will my family except him, what will happen in the future. At the moment there are more negative issues rather then positive issues. I have a gut feeling that we are not meant to be together. At the moment i feel like telling him that we shouldnt be together. But the fact is that i have already given him a second chance. Last night he broke me into a million pieces. We pretty much broke up over facebook which was hard. At the moment i am not willing to give out my heart to anyone. As he says he doesnt want to loose me. What am i doing? Should i be with him? What will my parents say? Am i doing the right thing? There are too many question to be answered. I would never be allowed to date him because its against the religion to go out together. All i can say is can someone help me :/

Favorite Answer

You're in a really hard position, i know myself because im dating a muslim also, ive been with him for almost 4 years now so ive learnt alot of morals and values of the religion, 1st of all to convert is to do it only for god (Allah) even though you migth think you are doing this, think deeply about it if your doing it for the right reasons, 2nd a big part of islam is respecting your parents especially your mother, so if there un-happy you might have to wait untill they atleast get used to the idea before you convert, they may never be happy but try your best to please them, islam is not just a change in religion it is a lifestyle, telling your parents is going to be hard so slowly introduce the idea. ex: telling them your studying about it, saying your visiting the mosque, all different things don't dump it on them straight away, no-one really relises the true meaning of islam untill they have read the Qu'ran so read the whole book then decide, make sure you 100 percent sure because its a massive thing, ive been thinking about it for almost 3 years now and i still ahvnt made my desicion. Islam is a beautiful religion, but people will judge you because of the media and unexperience dont let that get in the way though. good luck.

About Islam: It's your life, so do what you feel is right. Islam is a beautiful religion and ignore any opposition you are faced with because no one, especially your parents, is going to hate you for it or hold it against you. I say to really take time to learn about Islam and don't rush into anything.

About the guy: Again, do what you feel is right. And in Islam, you are allowed to see each other, but no touching or being alone. If you feel that you shouldn't be together, then break it up, but nobody can make that decision for you and you must do it yourself. It seems as though you aren't ready for this relationship. My advice would be to just give it all some time, and focus on one thing at a time. Before you begin a relationship, you need to find out who you are first.

Hope I helped looool :D good luck with life!

Source(s): my brain loooool :) btw im only 14 yrs old so dont judge i tried my best
  • rapp

The real question here is how long to you expect to keep your head, Islamic convert woman are known to be beaten by their husbands so don't throw your life away just to become a Muslim. If you really do believe in one God creator of all things converting to Islam in my opinion is simply a death warrant.

These are your decsions and you have to make them with your own moral compass. If you do not believe you are Catholic anymore then your parents cannot tell you otherwise. HOWEVER if you still rely on your parents for financial support you might want to be warry. They are still your parents, and they support you....but something like this can easily cause enough tension that it can ruin a relationship for decades. I personally wouldnt lie about this, but make sure that you are definettly 100% sure that you believe in Islam. Even then I wouldmake sure to brake it to them gradually.

Do what you want, I hate catholics.. they are very racist, unrespecting, mean, harsh, and a lot of other dirty words that I do not want to say. They exploit people for profit using Gods name in vain. Good luck! The islamic faith is a hard one to believe in, but very powerful once you know why you're doing everything they do.

• jurgen

Your bf is not important as he is only a mean to your enlightenment. Grab this opportunity and study more about the religion. Once you are convince of the truth, Allah will take away all barriers and obstacles from you, insha Allah.

I suggest you go and speak to a sheikh. If you don't know what that is here's what is means.

A sheikh is like a priest or a bob.

I wish you good lock, and I hope you convert to a Muslim :)

You shouldn't convert for someone else, and even if you are in denial about it now, you are converting just to be with someone. Muslims can marry Christians but you obviously aren't either one since you seem confused. You should be alone for a while and consider if you would convert for yourself.

Man o man ur parents..... i wish i could be there to see they face wen u tell em. well no they wont accept it at first if at all. yes christians are usually very judgemental of other religions and very quickly. And yea his parents as muslims will probably be just as judgemental considering both religions dont condone interracial or interreligious relation....i think #nonbiasedwordsofanatheist

• Tim

Matthew 16

13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar–jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Whom do you believe Jesus is?

The Koran Attacked The New Testament

Let the books speak for themselves

http://palestinename.com/biblevkoran.htm