Is Peyton Manning a system QB?

The Colts are already back in the playoffs after 2 years. After everyone was saying oh Peyton Manning means so much to his team well actually not really. Peyton Manning lost to the Texans this year last year the Colts beat the Texans with Dan frekian Orlosky.

If you don't believe they were throwing games last year then you really are an idiot "Suck for Luck" as the fans say. If they really weren't throwing games then how come they lost to teams like the Browns and Jaguars but once they clinched the number 1 pick they beat two teams with wining records the Titans and Texans.

Now this year Andrew Luck is playing good but not great 13 touchdowns 13 INT's and a 56 percent completion percentage. They basically have all of the same players they still Have Donald Brown, Reggie wayne, Austin Collie, Mathis, Freeny, Vinetari, Macaphee. They are winning because of these guys who somehow disappeared last year because they wanted Luck and never knew if Peyton could be the same.

Remember the Colts didn't actually start winning games with Peyton Manning until they kept on surrounding him with 1st round talent. Brady was playing with undrafted guys and 7th round picks. Before they got Peyton they went 3-13 the year with Peyton they went 3-13 it was because of the new additions the colts were doing so good.

Also the so called phrase Peyton makes his recievers is false. Reggie Wayne is having his best year as a Colt with already over 1,100 receiving yards. I feel Peyton Manning was never valuable to the Colts at all he just had the worst QB of all time backing him up Curtis Painter on top of the D not trying.

What do you guys think? I know you all love Peyton but this is the truth if you say no then how come the Colts are magically good again? and you can't say because of Andrew Luck because he has a QB rating of 76 right now. That's right I'm glad I proved a point.

Enjoy Brees choking again tonight vs the Falcons Sorry Chalise I had too the facts were right in front of us the whole time people were just too nervous to point them out.

Not to mention the Bronco's were already a playoff team with the second to worst QB of all time. If Peyton couldn't get this team to 13 wins that'd be embarrassing and he knows it.

Favorite Answer

Hahhhha Buddy you are something else lol ! Do you not realize that most of the Colts were not on Peyton's Colts? Not to mention they went 2-14 without him last year. Peyton has gone to a Brand new team and system AFTER missing a year of football and is still getting it done! GOAT!!!!!!!! :)

Go answer my question lol!

• Bucknasty6 years agoReport

Yea cuz his 5477 yard season with 55 tds and 10 int, coupled with his 5 mvp awards and 13 pro bowl selections topped off wilth a SB ring and MVP means absolutely nothing because the team he was playing for happened to lose 9 times in the playoffs.... Please tell me who the greatest Quarterback is???

Technically every QB is a "system" QB. I would say that Manning is very lucky because unlike most QB's in the NFL, he hasn't had to deal with change. In Manning's 11 year career, even though their have been changes to the head coaching position, they have never changed any of the offensive coaches during that time and he has always been surrounded by Pro Bowl talent. Not having to deal with any change to the offensive coaching staff whatsoever has also helped him to call his own plays, something that other QB's like Favre, Brady, Brees, or Warner would be able to do if they too played under the same staff and system for 11 years. I'm not trying to say that Manning is a bad QB, but tell me one QB that has had the luxury of playing for only one offensive coaching staff and has never been surrounded by average or questionable talent on the offensive side of the football.

Every QB is a system QB to some degree. Joe Montana's career was pretty much made by Bill Walsh's West Coast offense. Peyton couldn't run a spread option (not that anyone does much in the NFL except as an occasional diversion). But he is a great passer and has an excellent mental grasp of the game. Offensive philosophies should be tailored to the strengths of the players. Peyton has been in offenses which play to his strengths. It doesn't mean he's not a great player though. It just means his talents have been maximized by the coaches.

• Brad

Well, the really only weapon Peyton has in Denver is Thomas who didn't even start performing until last year.

Decker has largely grown around Manning and became a poor man's Wes Welker. In Indianapolis, Peyton had one of the best lines in the league but no running game other than several seasons with Edgerrin James. He also had one of the best WRs in NFL history in Reggie Wayne (who looks to be a possible HOF inductee).

Now, Peyton has a running game in McGahee (or had) and is throwing the ball less but still performing great. He doesn't have a TE like he had in Indianapolis in Dallas Clark, which he relies on heavily, but is still performing well.

Brady is a QB who can make use with his WRs even if they are sub-par, but not necessarily improve their game. Look at Deion Branch for example. Peyton Manning has had good targets over the years, but he leaves a lasting impression on his wideouts. Pierre Garcon looks to be big in Washington if he stays healthy and Reggie Wayne is still producing with Andrew Luck. He also helped Dallas Clark who is now also starting to perform in Tampa Bay.

Brady is more of a gunslinger, Manning is more robotic.

Source(s): Also, why are you comparing two seperate years? Houston was in a struggle with Cincy last year and are one of the top teams in the league this year. JJ Watt wasn't even close to what he is this year and the Texans stocked up on defensive players in the offseason. An average defense is suddenly among the league's best. That's like saying because a team beats another team, they are automatically better than them. Tell that to Arizona who beat the Patriots this year.

From somebody who considers Tom Brady as the undisputed greatest QB of all time, this question is especially hilarious. Remember Matt Cassel as a Patriot and Matt Cassel now? I'm not saying that Brady is a system QB, but he is definitely more so than Peyton.

I could spend my time writing some pointless essay about why Peyton Manning is not a system QB just like how you wrote one arguing the opposite (which I'm sure nobody bothered reading), but I will just simply answer "no."

• Adam D

Every team has 1st round picks and therefore has 1st round talent.

He's a great QB and is the opposite of a system QB. He pretty much ran the offense himself and he's doing the same thing in Denver.... so yeah, maybe he is a system QB in the Peyton Manning offense.

Colts have no garauntee in the play offs yet,they are 7-4 and they have a bumpy schedule ahead, vs Texans twice and the Lions.

Also, Andrew Luck got stomped by the Pats,at least Peyton puts up a good fight against one of the best.

Luck will be GOOD but never better than Peyton just like 99% of the other QBs won't .

I'm not going to read all that, but you can make an argument that every NFL QB is a system QB. But I will say that "Summer" is a moron and clearly hasn't watched much football if he/she thinks Wayne, Harrison, and Clark were garbage before or without Manning.

I know man everybody should get off his dick I'm gonna be so pissed if he wins MVP because he doesn't have as good of numbers as Tom Brady drew Bree's Aaron Rodgers and they give the MVP to him and he also has a better defense than any of those 3 qbs I don't think he's good I'd pic Rodgers brees and Brady over him any day and I'd also pick Eli over him everybody needs to get off his dick finally someone who agrees with me

Anyone else just read the the first 3 sentences then get bored?