Is a legal separation required?

My husband and I decided to split up a month ago, we have been living apart since then. He lives in Virginia and has recently moved out of our apartment, and into a new one. I have been living in Maryland. I changed my address through USPS on November 15th. I have not gotten my license or car registration changed yet. I have not yet talked to a lawyer. I do not particularly think it is needed, as our situation is fairly simple. I am just a bit unsure of the separation/divorce process. As far as I am concerned, in the state of Virginia, we have to be separated for at least 6 months before we can file for divorce. Okay, so how would we go about proving that we have been separated? Would we need a legal document, or is it something as simple as me getting some kind of official mail at my new residence? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

He moved. He'd have a lease in his name or with his name on it, and not yours. He too is probably working there. There's an abundant amount of proof. See if you can get a free consultation at a nearby law office and ask further questions there.

Best of wishes.

I live in California, so I'm not sure how that works. But, you can call or talk to the law department about that to see what is required.

I beleive in destiny but I still think you have to fight to save your marriage. Especially if you have children.

This ebook is a good resource to understand causes of your marital issues and to learn some important tips --> http://savemarriage.toptips.org

• aldin

i might advise going up on your community public help place of work. no count if it particularly is unfastened they have the numbers to call. reckoning on your income they might even have the skill to hook you up with a expert bono (unfastened) lawyer for the seperation and the divorce. sturdy success...

• Froll

Your attorney didn't answer these questions for you? Why not?