How sad has our government become when someone has to stand on the senate floor and defend a trail by jury?

Sen. Rand Paul Voices Support for Feinstein-Lee NDAA Amendment - 11/28/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdMU4N-Xo2E

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=g-u

Even after everything that's happened in the last decade or so, it's still very surprising to see a man have to stand up in the United States Senate to defend the right to a Trial by Jury.

Best Answer

Now they want you to sign a piece of paper that says you can't defend your right to a trial by jury before you take a job. Now that is ridiculous.

I am so fed up with the system that I no longer want to participate as a juror. I have served many times so I know all the tricks that there is to get out of it. lol

I kinda disagree with your premise.

Our government is a reflection of the populace who puts them into office.

How sad is it that there isn't rioting in the streets about how our basic rights and freedoms are being trampled in the name of some "war on terror"?

• pdooma

We kill our own citizens without a trial now. Just if they're suspected of being a terrorist or hang out with suspected terrorists. We don't even need to know their name. BOOOOOM.

Why are you surprised?

Prisoners of war are not traditionally tried. They are simply held till the war ends. The ones who violate the Geneva Conventions, such as by being terrorists, are shot.