How to dance with swag?

I'm a trying hard dancer. I'm comfortable dancing J pop dances but when I try hip hop, jazz, freestyle, and other modern dances it makes me look nothing.

Aside from being yourself and enjoy yourself while dancing, what other compliments can you give me? I already ask a dancer and he said once I dance it needs to have bounce and clicks..

I'm confused!! help me!!

Favorite Answer

I like to dance hip hop and I'm not in a dance class or anything. Sometimes when I don't want to do I look up on youtube different dance moves. Then I just make up some of my own like doing the wave with one arm or body rolls, and put them with the other ones. Then I listen to a hip hop song and dance. Dancing in front of a mirror helps me. And I think what the guy meant by bounce and clicks is while dancing hip hop people tend to bounce on the balls of their feet, and they jerk their arms or legs or whatever.

• e

You can't really make yourself have swag. It's something that you have to be born with.

But you can always "fake it til you make it".

Just feel the rhythm and go with it.

Source(s): I'm a ballet dancer with ballet swag :) lol