What is the white fuzz on my cactus?

I saw a bug when I first got it, but just shrugged it off because my parents said it was my imagination. But last night i saw that there was white fuzz on it. It sorta looks like http://www.flickr.com/photos/68458948@N06/62259758... , but not as bad. It's more farther down the cactus. The top of it looks terrible (but not as bad).

Thanks for everyone who calmed me down, my mom just about threw him away.

xD

Favorite Answer

Oh don't worry at all, It's not an illness or anything harmful for the cactus, It's just a sunscreen protecting it, like the previous answerer said, but if it looks really bad, you should go to the place where you bought it from, or ask for plant medicines. you can also search for solutions on the internet, i hope everything gets well, thanks!

Are you particular it relatively is no longer root mealy insects? it relatively is totally very demanding to be certain. I had a small cactus on my table next to my computing gadget and previous due at night the gentle hit it basically dazzling and that i observed something shifting. I even have an investigator style concepts so i'm constantly checking issues out. I grabbed a flashlight and there replaced into those relatively tiny issues shifting approximately on the cactus. I too had white fuzzy issues this is ordinary whilst root mealy insects are cutting-edge. My cactus replaced into additionally finding somewhat unhappy and dehydrated. i replaced right into somewhat grossed out with the aid of the full concern and ended up burying my cactus interior the floor (I examine that replaced right into a reliable thank you to do away with cactus without harming animals and stuff). i replaced into getting uninterested in the cactus besides and had a splinter from it earlier with the purpose to me it wasn't nicely worth attempting to do away with the insects etc.

The fuzz and hair on a cactus would be their sun screen. It protects the skin from the harsh rays of the sun.

The fuzz is part of the cactus.

is this metaphorical