Got an email from this person, not sure if spam or not?

"Hello Castellanos,

I have been in search of someone with this Surname " Castellanos" so when I saw your name I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr.Paul Agyiri,a banker with one of the leading banks here in Accra Ghana West Africa ,I believe it is the wish of God for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you because, it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it. One Late Dr.Alexander Castellanos, had a fixed deposit with my bank in January 2006 for 36 calendar months, valued US$7,000,000 (Seven Million Dollars) the date for this deposit contract was the 16th of January 2009 Sadly Dr.Alexander Castellanos,was among the death victims in May 26 2006 Earthquake disaster in Jawa, Indonesia that killed over 2,000 people. He was in Indonesia on a business trip and that was how he met his end.My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Dr Alexander did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and Dr Alexander decieded not remarry again since the death of his wife. Last week my Bank Management requested that I should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happens to know that Dr Alexander is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same surname name with him  my bank will release the fund to you without much question since they can only do according to my instructions." believing this could be a spam. Idk he left his phone number.

Favorite Answer

100% SCAM

Just because you have the same last name as a person does not give you ANY rights to a dead man's money. If you were not specifically named in the will and are not the person's child, parent, spouse, sibling, first cousin, niece/nephew, grandparent, grandchild or aunt/uncle then you have NO rights to any money as you are NOT the "next of kin"

If you were due money you would NEVER get an email and would not be contacted by the bank. The ONLY contact would have been a certified letter in the mail to your home address sent by the probate attorney handling the estate with a copy of the decedant's will and an invitation for your or your legal representative to come to their office to review all paperwork and sign it

• ?

i will comprehend your concerns yet that's purely a rip-off. If somebody needed you ineffective you does no longer have been waiting to teach this email to us. those forms of emails are actual popular. they're made so which you pay the preliminary 8000 greenbacks and you will on no account pay attention from them lower back. I observed some documentary approximately them on television sometime, there replaced into this united states in africa i think the place tis form of ripping off westerly human beings replaced right into a on a regular basis activity. sturdy activity on calling the police no longer elementary!