Leaf asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

My Friend Is Too Quiet And Shy.?

I love my friend, I really do. But we have nothing to say to each other except to ask for pens. We're both quiet and "geeky" but my friend is practically a recluse. At lunch, she sits next to my group of friends and just looks around and says nothing. I know she has nothing wrong with her, but I feel so bad when I see her alone. She only moved to our school just a year ago, and she has some friends, maybe like four or five,

What can I do? And please don't say "Go Up To Her" because I've tried that.

BTW We're in eight grade.

Tried that: She just read a book or started drawing at my birthday party.

Your friend is an obvious introvert. If you don't know, that means that she is naturally quiet and anti-social. Try to include her opinion if she joins your group. How does she interact with your friends?

If they're wild and crazy, best keep her out of it. You're not doing anything beneficial to her if she can't communicate with someone like her. The most you can do is spend some time with her and just her; it'll mean a lot.

I'm no doctor, but it's probably very crucial that you help her become more interactive. You guys are teenagers, and it's a very important step in development. Your friend can become depressed because of no one to talk to. That is extremely serious.

She could have no one else to talk to home. Call her a couple times a month. And you said she recently came from another school; try to meet her other friends.

Ease your friend into one-one conversations and eventually she'll talk to more people.

Source(s): I had a friend like that.

Maybe she does have something wrong with her shes just not telling?

Have a talk with her 1 on 1 and ask her if anythings bothering her because she seems distant.

If there really isnt anything wrong then encourage her to join in the with group. Include her in conversations and activities. if she doesnt wanna still after trying maybe just spend time with your friends and her seperate.

Hope you sort it out.

Friends can be tricky when your at school. Once you leave it will all sort itself out don't worry.

I can say that she might be anti-social, picky at friends, loner or just a natural geek.

Does she recite in class?

Maybe there's something happened to her in her past.

Give her time to open the barrier a little.

Take out somewhere social and make her feel comfortable and She will warm up sooner or later. Lol

Source(s): Personal experience