Stomach pains for a few days now, still not sure what this could be?

The pain is around the area of my belly button but it can also travel slightly lower, sometimes goes to the side of my stomach. It isn't a super painful thing, it just feels like my stomach is uneasy and bubbly constantly. Lately my diet has changed slightly. Drinking a lot of soda because I'm visiting family at the moment and that is the drink of choice in this house. I'm not sure if sugar is upsetting my stomach or if maybe I've got some kind of virus? Any information would help.

Could be gastritis since the triggering factor is acidic drink such as soda. Try to take 2 paracetomol tablet to ease the pain and 2 magnesium trisilicate tablet to neutralize the excessive acid in stomach. Change your diet by eating less spicy food, avoid gastritis inducing drinks, e.g. soda, soft drinks, tea, coffee, liqueurs and drink more milk as it is good for your stomach. If pain persist after taking the measures as i mentioned above, see a doctor as this could indicate more severe underlying conditions or intrabdominal disease. Change in bowel habit, e.g. diarrhea( mucus or blood stained) constipation indicates that this is not a simple gastritis and could be due to other pathological conditions in your abdomen, e.g. collitis (inflammation of colon), etc.

web based Patient Assistance Program service available to individual patients or medical professionals who wish to order medications online. No software is required to be installed on your local computer. You only need a web browser and internet connection and logon http://www.patientassistance.org/

Trapped wind.. let it go

Source(s): Nhs worker