Good graphics card for laptop?

I just bought a new laptop about 3 months ago and I didn't know much about graphics card so HD Graphics 3000 seemed like a good enough card. Now I am realizing that it is not the best, so I am going to buy a new laptop.

My question is, what is a good graphics card that I should look for when I am buying my new laptop? I want the best, but Im sure that is out of my budget (no set budget as of now). So I would appreciate a list. I will most likely be buying another Asus laptop, i5 or i7. I am not sure if that helps narrow the selection down. I don't know much about graphics cards so every time I look it up, I am not sure what I am looking at haha. Thanks for the help in advance!

• Jesus
    Favorite Answer

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards...

Any time you see a decent laptop that you might want to buy, just refer to the Mobile Graphics Cards Benchmark List (which is the provided link) to see if the laptop's graphics card is any good.

It would be valued at getting the 1gb one if you want to play at larger resolutions (which i would suppose you may - certainly with those newer video games) The more memory the pix card has, the easier efficiency you'll get at larger resolutions. 1gb can be a good investment. As for the settings you'll be able to be in a position to play at, hold in mind that laptops are not relatively intended as gaming machines. The processor is first rate for what most humans would use a desktop for, but it surely has a lowish clock velocity per core which can maintain things again. The graphics card is first-class for a computing device, mobile types of snap shots cards are invariably going to perform slighlty worse than their laptop counterparts but in some thing like fallout 3, i'd expect it to be capable to play it at a tight decision with the a few of settings on excessive - with possibly a number of on medium with first rate framerates for probably the most phase (assume slowdown at these environment in designated areas. Crysis - frequently amix of mediums and highs at a decent decision with stable framerates. The same relatively goes for the others, gears will probably play very well and a long way cry 2 just like crysis hope this helps.

all new laptops have near about 1600 mb GPU in it. my brother bought a dell i5 nine mounts ago and its running NFS most wanted 2012 on good setings.

its have 1600mb 64bit intel HD grafics card. it also runn gta 4 on good setting.

i checked specs of many laptops of different compinies, i5 and i7 of all compinies have near about 1600 mb GPU.