How do I talk to my boyfriend about this?

So the other day we were talking about our middle school days, and he could tell something really bothered me about it (had a lot of emotional abuse due to bullying. still sticks with me today and bothers me every so often). he said i could talk to him about anything, and i trust him. it's just i have never talked about it before to anyone and no one really knew it was going on. (i'm a junior in high school now). I feel like it would be better for me mentally to talk to him about it and get it out there so it's not so bottled up inside, but i'm not sure how to bring it up. should i be straight up about it, or see if the topic of middle school comes up again? who knows how long that could be. I also don't know how to word everything without seeming like i'm looking for sympathy (which i'm not). I feel like it was something that shouldnt bother anyone since theyre just words, but it did. I'm afraid of him saying "thats it?" which i know he wont, just a little mental fear of my own when i tell anyone.

Sorry everyone if this is confusing...please help the best you can :(

Favorite Answer

You should talk to him about it the next chance you get, because the longer you wait the bigger the chance you have of "exploding" from the pressure of having it bottled up inside. What I'd do is try to word it out on paper and try to get my thoughts together, then when you're ready, ask him if you can talk to him alone and explain to him what happened. If he truly loves you he will understand and will do his best to help you through your pain.

I hope this helped you.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

You should just ask him if he remembers the conversation you both had about junior high and go from there and tell him about what happened boyfriends really do care what you have to say or what you think even if it doesn't always seem like they do. I would do it that way and just to let you know you aren't all alone. I was to.

Just start a conversation about something that has to due to that. (ex: your middle school years.)

Then say "I didn't really like middle school.. i got bullied and picked on it just wasn't fun."

Then you can get more into it.

Good luck :)

just trust him ur secrect could come from someone else he might be able to give u advice talk to him about it before its to late

Source(s): talk about your problem