Why am I sore in these places?

I'm sore in my forearms, my lower back, and the muscles above my hamstrings. Kind of a weird combination. I'm a rower, but I don't think we use those muscles much when rowing, so I'm not sure what they may be sore from.

I've been rowing for 2 years -- this pain is new. We use our biceps and shoulders, not our forearms. Also we use our upper and middle back, not our lower back.

Favorite Answer

Rowing certainly works the back and forearms and biceps. When i workout i do rowing to work my back.

Source(s): Been using rowing machines for years

Of coarse you use those muscles when rowing. Especially lower back and forearms.

Did you just start rowing or have you been rowing for some time and these pains are new?

Rx assistance offers a comprehensive record of these patient assistance programs, as well as realistic tools, information, and articles so that health care professional and patients can find the information they need and will be provided in a single place.

http://www.patientassistance.org/