Dan asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

When I put my alarm clock on, I keep waking up every 20min until it goes off?

I just noticing this happen to me, it has always bothered me. Every time I turn on that alarm clock. I wake up after 20min+/- every night. However, when I don't use my alarm clock, I can sleep up to 20 hours.

This also happens when I expect something to happen tomorrow, I JUST KEEP WAKING UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

thank you for taking the time to read this, I bet it's just nothing to worry about...

• Ian
    Favorite Answer

It's not normal. Most people can set an alarm clock and sleep throught the night until the thing goes off. It could be a sign of anxiety though. You might want to try some over the counter stuff before going to see a doctor. While they're not anti-anxiety medications, both Benadryl and melatonin can help you sleep, so try them (one at a time). Too high of a dose of melatonin can cause nightmares and headaches, so I'd start with the 3mg pills, and if that's not enough try 2, then 3 times that. Hope that helps.

• It's normal. Your brain is subconscious while you sleep. If this happens all the time along with dreams of climbing stairs that never end or running from something that never catches you, it could by a sign of anxiety.

Source(s): EMT
  • Pamela

well if I know I have to get up then it is hard not to try and get a few more minutes of sleep....it is like when I was a kid all during the week you hated to get up for school but on weekends you was up early