Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Will Palestine be granted statehood status today?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Thalia
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, most of the countries expected to vote no (Australia, UK, Germany, Czech) have publicly said they will abstain instead.

Only the US and Canada are voting no. America's other allies won't vote with them.

Israel's former prime minister Olmert even said Israel should vote yes. He and the PLO were on the brink of signing a comprehensive peace agreement just a few years ago before he lost office.

• TK
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Given the recent events in Gaza where Hamas' terrorist activity led to an negotiated cease-fire negotiated by Egypt which included a few significant economic and quality of life concessions from Israel, one might reasonably conclude that America's unconditional support for Netanhyu's government is not likely to achieve the peace, security and two-state solution that most Palestinians and Israelis desire. It looks like many of America's allies are sending us a message. One wonders if the message needs to be stronger, as it would be if they voted in favor of Palestinian statehood.

The Palestinians living in the West Bank deserve better than this. They have committed to peace and security and they have not been rewarded for their efforts to coexist with Israel. That's unacceptable, and the United States needs to ensure that that message is heard loud and clear by the Israeli government. Today would be a good day to start sending that message loudly and clearly.

• andy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, I don't think enough people will vote to allow the terrorists to become a State. I will admit that they could grant limited State hood to the West Bank but Gaza is still to violent against the Israels who are just trying to live in peace. Also, until the acknowledge the right of Israel to exist with enough high ground to defend themselves then there can be no deal.

I would also do some research about what happened to Palestine from the late 1940's until after the 6 day war, it will be a real eye opener. Hint, Palestine didn't exist during this time period because of Arab Nations using them as pawns against Israel.

• 8 years ago

If Palestine becomes a state, a huge lot of innocent people are going to start dying when Palestine takes it as a mandate to freely kill innocent people just for the hell of it.

What part of that does the UN not understand?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • neale
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

NO ! Obama to grant yet another $900M to Hamas-run ‘Palestine’ February 24, 2009 curiously the recession is over. there is not any deficit. no person interior the U.S. could desire to apply the $900 million. could desire to the letter newly appointed Hamas-messenger John Kerry added to Hussein Obama have asked for thousands and thousands of greenbacks america does no longer have? the affection Obama proclaimed for Palestine in the process the election while he stated, “no person is suffering better than the Palestinian human beings,” is turning out to be extra glaring on a daily basis. The proposed $900M is on stunning of the just about $500M Bush/Rice gave the “Palestinians” in 2008, and the money of $20.3M Obama already wasted on the terrorist-controlled parcel, and $85M approved in December 2008. notice, he’s purely been in place of work for a month! Who paid individuals for the 9/11 destruction led to by utilising Muslim terrorists? How lots stimulus have you ever won? WASHINGTON – america plans to furnish better than $900 million to assist rebuild Gaza after Israel’s invasion and to bolster the Western-subsidized Palestinian Authority, U.S. officers stated on Monday. the money, which desires U.S. congressional approval, would be disbursed through U.N. and different bodies and not by utilising way of the militant team Hamas, which regulations Gaza, stated one real. “This funds is for Gaza and to assist improve the Palestinian Authority. it could desire to no longer pass to Hamas,” stated the real, who asked to no longer be named as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton planned to announce the investment at a donors’ convention in Egypt next week. Neither america nor Israel have direct touch with the Islamist Hamas pass which runs Gaza and maintains to be formally committed to the destruction of the Jewish state.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

We have instructed the U.S. to try and stop this along with other countries controlled by Israel. It will not make a lot of difference if they do get it as we can do anything we like as long as we have the half witted subservient Americans doing our bidding.

• 8 years ago

I'd like to see it happen. I remember back in 2002, while I was still a minor, I marched with my father in DC in a show of disgust for the war Bush started - there was one man trying to raise the chant, "Free Palestine!" He was nearly sobbing with the strength of his emotion. I don't know who he was or anything about him, but I believe people everywhere have the right to freedom from oppression.

They should also have the right to be understood before they are unfairly judged...

Source(s): memory and opinion
  • 8 years ago

Yes.

The ironic part is that Israel still has not fullfilled its obligations to the UN and is therefore not a legitimate state itself.

It has no defined borders and no Constitution.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If the world wants to let a terrorist organization seem legitimate, than yes. Islam is the root of evil, and letting them become a country is just allowing another breeding ground for babykillers

• Sir
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.