Why is Google Chrome keep coming up as 'High Usage'?

This has never been a problem before. Apps have been crashing and Norton (which I really do not use) keeps informing me that Chrome is using up a lot of memory.

I've been looking around for answers and all I'm finding is that the problem is with Windows 7 and not Chrome itself. I've asked my tech friends, not even they know how to solve it..

I rather not switch to Firefox or IE either.

Favorite Answer

Too bad you do not want to switch to Firefox as that was my answer to this same problem a couple years ago. Chrome seems to have a lot of problems after some time, I'm not sure why but it seems to collect trash and it piles up until it stops the program from working correctly.

well i see that your smart, not using firefox as its a memory hog.norton is a big memory hog, what probably is problem is between an virus infection along with browser cookies such as 3rd party cookies are tracking your every internet move and causing memory hog problems,

get rid of norton, alng with installation files, download avira,light wt virus program that updates itself,

free version which i used for over 10 yrs. also use superantispyware which has a free version,

links are below. then go into internet options, on privacy tab select advance, clic override cookies, 1st party accetp, 3rd party block. click ok, also set your internet temp file to 8mb instead of the 2gb its preset for. set history to 2 days instead of 20.

after you downloaded those 2 programs, do updates after instal. reboot into safe mode f8, withOUT networking, run scans.

Source(s): www.avira.com www.superantispyware.com