My boyfreind is asking me to get married, he said it in a joking way but he always say that?

He says me to get married but at same time he says that its too early for him to get married and again he asks me to get married but I always said him right from the very beginning that I will marry after 4-5 years then why does he pressurises me to get married and he says he will marry late

4-5 yrs is a long time away, and you sound young by the way you write.

If he wanted to marry you, he'd marry you now. That's all.

I dated a guy for years, he always said "marriage is a piece of paper" (we were mid-20s) and then another girl came along out of nowhere (he met her at a car show) and 2 months later, I was dumped and they were married. They still are, and that was in 2003.

He just doesn't want to marry YOU but is happy to hang out with you til he finds the one he DOES want to marry.

He wants to know he can string you along for another few years while he's waiting for someone "better" to show up.