Lauren asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 8 years ago

Is this a good dance/gymnastics conditioning routine?

My friend and I want to become slimmer and more muscular. Here is our conditioning routine that we have vowed to do every night. We run on sundays, and have a healthy balanced diet.

100 sit ups

50 leg ups (lie down and lift both your legs up to 90 degrees and lower them again)

100 calf raises

60 push ups

40 hand stand push ups

20 hand stand come off walls (go into a hand stand next to a wall and push against the wall to a handstand then fall back onto the wall and repeat)

Hold plank as long as you can

Hold Bridge as long as you can

Hold wall sit as long as you can

hold hollow body pose as long as you can

Hold left splits for 2 minutes

hold right splits for 2 mins

hold middle splits for 2 mins

sometimes we will do more exercises, and almost all the time we will stretch more afterwards.

Is this a good daily routine?

Also, do you have any exercises to get thinner thighs?

Thankyou! :)

Favorite Answer

These exercises will not make you're thighs thinner they will make them like the amazing hulk. To be honest, I think you need to start with smaller amounts of the exercises like maybe 30 sit ups instead of 100 and then gradually build them up. But it's good but you need to start smaller otherwise you are not going to be able to do everything on that list. Depending on how flexible you are MAKE SURE YOU STRETCH BEFORE THE SPLITS!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough!! Pulling a muscle is the most painful thing I have ever done to myself and I was out for 4 months because it was that bad!!!!!! But good luck!!

That should be good, but don't push yourself too hard. I recommend this lady, she's fabulous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDpB8pWEjhk

Youtube thumbnail

need a video!!